Sunday, October 20, 2013

Round 2 Daemons vs Ultramarines

Round 2 Daemons vs Ultramarines

Mission:
Primary- Emperors Will (14 pts)
Secondary- Big Guns Never Tire 3obj. (10 pts)
Slay the Warlord, First Blood, Linebreaker (2 pts each)

Deployment: Vanguard Strike

Here's my list.
Fateweaver
(Forewarning, Combustion, Life Leech, Puppet Master)

Herald of Tzeentch on Disk Grimoire
(Prescience , Forewarning, Flickering Fire)

Herald of Tzeentch on Disk Portalglyth
(Scryer's Gaze, Forewarning, FF)

Herald of Tzeentch on Disc Locus
(Scryer's Gaze, Perfect Timing, Precognition)

Herald of Tzeentch on Disk
(Prescience , Perfect Timing, FF)

Plaguebearers
Plaguebearers
Plaguebearers

Screamers x5
Flesh Hounds x10
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
Wings, Armour, Greater x2. Lesser
(Warp Speed, Iron Arm)
(4+ Feel no Pain, Reroll Invul Saves, Staff)

Round 2 I was matched up with Ian Bethel, a local guy, who also won his first game with a minor victory. He told me hes been playing for two years. So he has some experience behind him.

His List
Space Marines
Ultramarines Chapter Doctrine

HQ:
Marneus Calgar- Armour of Antilocous
Cato Sicarius

Command Squad
Drop Pod

Troops:
Tactical Squad- PlasmaCannon. PlasmaGun

Tactical Squad- Meltagun, Multimelta
Rhino

Scout Squad- sniper rifles

Elites:
Terminator Squad- 4x Lighting Claws, 1x Thunder Hammer

Land Raider Crusader

Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad- 2x LasCannon, 2x PlasmaCannon

I knew if I could maneuver to where I could control where his Land Raider would go and concentrate on killing his 3 troop units, this being a 5obj game, I could win this game.

Bottom Turn 1- 
I pass Forewarning, prescience and scryer's gaze on my heralds. 

I cast iron arm on my prince. 

I pass my grimoire test on my star. 

Top turn 3- his terminators with calgar move out and get ready to charge my prince. cato keeps moving to the middle. 

Shooting- his land raider shoots into my screamers and actually kills 1 with the multimelta.
Assault- he charges in and challenges with calgar, i accept, they deal 2 wounds with eachother.at this point i finish off his other tac squad with my hounds.

Bottom turn 3- i pass forewarning and prescience on my heralds. i pass iron arm on my prince t8. i pass grimoire.


Warp Storm table- 5 storm of fire. nothing happens.


Shooting- Fateweaver deals enough wounds to take down 
Cato with flickering fire. 

Assault- I charge the land raider with my
screamers. i hit 3 times, deal 2 penetration results and on 1 i roll a 5 to explode it. 
Boom goes the raider.
In combat i beat up on calgar dealing his
last two wounds. slay the warlord is mine. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment